A man who absconded from police in 2018 has been extradited to Britain from Holland.

Tomasz Mysiak, 38 (02.02.84), who was from Greenford, was found guilty in his absence at Kingston Crown Court on Wednesday, 13 June 2018 of conspiracy to supply a firearm and ammunition.

While awaiting trial in 2018, Mysiak had failed to appear at court and a warrant was issued for his arrest. He was circulated as wanted under a European Arrest Warrant [EAW] and in February 2020 was arrested by Polish Police. However, he escaped custody and was again wanted by police.

He was next arrested in Amsterdam earlier this year and was subsequently extradited to the UK, arriving on Thursday, 19 May.

He is remanded in custody to appear before Kingston Crown Court on Friday, 20 May.

Detective Constable Paul Hawthorn who led the investigation said: “This case clearly demonstrates that convictions and sentences don’t go away, even if the defendant flees the country.

“Working with our policing colleagues in Poland and in Holland, we have tracked Mysiak’s movements and he will now face the consequences of his offences.

“It is our ongoing mission to remove lethal weapons from unsafe hands and to put a stop to the activities of those supplying them.”

The conviction followed an intelligence-led operation by the Met’s Specialist Crime Command. On Wednesday, 5 April 2017, Mysiak had organised the collection and delivery of a handgun and 137 rounds of 0.32 calibre ammunition by mini-cab.

Detectives stopped the cab and recovered the weapon and ammunition. The driver of the vehicle had been unaware of the contents of the package he had transported and was released with no further action.

Officers attended Mysiak’s address in Quantock Court, Greenford where he was arrested on suspicion of supplying a firearm and ammunition. More than £4,000 in cash was recovered at his address.

A second man, Sebastien Hajda, then aged 29 (12.09.88) of The Drive, Mitcham was also charged with conspiracy to supply a firearm and ammunition.

Both were convicted of conspiracy to supply a firearm and ammunition at Kingston Crown Court on Wednesday, 13 June and were sentenced to eight years imprisonment. Mysiak was sentenced in his absence.

+ A third male was found not guilty and was released from court.

Read More

Leave a comment